Friday, June 26, 2009

Passport Confusion

Passport Confusion:

On June 1 requirements for travel- US returning home from Canda, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one of the travel documents listed below:

Passport Book : This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a
person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land
and sea.

US Passport Card: This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and
costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

Children: Beginning June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 16 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory may also present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.


No comments: